Monday, August 30, 2010

Where to begin

My husband, Jim, bought a mountain bike for me as a present for Mother's Day, May 9, 2010.  You may be thinking, "Why on earth would he do such a thing for his wife, why would she even want that?" My answer is: because I asked for it!  Well, I asked for a bike.  We went to a bike store.  The guy says, "Do you want a road bike or a mountain bike?"  I look at Jim, because I have no idea the difference between the two (hence, the name "novice mountain biking adventures").  Jim looks at me (knowing I have almost zero experience in ANY type of biking) and says, "Well, you don't really want to ride on the road, do you?" (Thinking I may kill myself more quickly that way.) "No", I reply, not realizing the alternative.  "So you want a mountain bike, then."  ...."Yes...." I reply, wondering what all that entails. 

As it ended up, Jim and I both left the bike store that day with mountain bikes, and I am so glad, because I would never have had the courage to go it alone.  Since that day, I have learned a lot, wrecked a lot, and ENJOYED it a lot!  I only wish I had started the blog then, as I have many stories already.  As it is, I will highlight these adventures as I go, interweaving them with my daily adventures from this point on.

No comments: